In Southern California, El Camino Asphalt is the trusted paving company for asphalt repairs to parking lots, subdivisions, industrial parks, and retail centers. With over twenty years experience in the asphalt industry, we can tackle even the worst deteriorated asphalt pavement. We’re constantly expanding our paving capabilities with the latest equipment so that we can offer our clients the most cost effective repair services like asphalt milling.
What is Asphalt Milling?
Asphalt milling, also called cold planing or asphalt grinding, is a process of removing the top few inches of the pavement using a special machine. Milling leaves behind a texture that helps the new layer of asphalt adhere to the layer underneath, ensuring that the new surface will last for a long time without cracking or shifting. Milling is a cost-effective alternative to complete asphalt replacement, which can be very time-consuming and expensive.
When is Asphalt Milling Used?
Asphalt milling is a very good repair service for pavement that has multiple areas of damage like extensive cracking or several potholes, but the pavement’s underlayer is intact. In these types of situations, it’s more expensive to try and fix each problem individually, when the entire surface can be replaced.
Our Proven Asphalt Milling & Resurfacing Process
- Using specialized equipment called a milling machine, our trained and licensed paving contractors remove the top layer of asphalt.
- The machine used a drum fit with carbide cutters that rolls over the asphalt surface, grinding up the top layer of pavement.
- The ground pavement is transported using a series of conveyers into a truck and hauled away.
- We can then recycle this broken asphalt into other paving projects, using it as part of an aggregate base.
- Once the surface has been prepared, we then pour on specially mixed hot asphalt to form a new top surface.
Your Local Asphalt Milling Experts
El Camino Asphalt, Orange County’s trusted asphalt paving company, is proud to provide local commercial property owners with the best asphalt repair services like milling and resurfacing. Contact us today for a free estimate.